Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
family tour

Dear Attorneys,


My attorney told me that based on the pending motions we have, the evidence that we have (or, in my case, are missing), and some other factors, that I am not guaranteed to win at trial. I told her that I still want to go to trial. It’s out of principle! She has discouraged me from doing so. Now what do I do?



Principle Paulie


Dear Principle,


We understand how that could be frustrating. However, you’re never really “guaranteed to win” at a trial. Sometimes, the evidence is in your favor, sometimes it’s not, and sometimes, there is case law and evidence supporting each side. We also advise clients not to pursue something “out of principle.” Sometimes, it will cost a client more time and money to pursue something rather than to negotiate an agreement, and it is our job to advise clients of that. It is our policy that we do not “sugarcoat” anything. We believe doing so would be a disservice to our clients and that they need to see all of the angles/options. It sounds like that may be your attorney’s style, as well. If that is the case, you may want to seek advice of other counsel. That does not mean what your current attorney is telling you is wrong, or bad. However, you should have a good rapport and trust your attorney, so you may be more comfortable with someone else.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder. We handle all forms of family law matters.  We are realistic and up front with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content