Skip to content Skip to footer

Looking for a probate lawyer in CT?

Probate Matters Involving Family & Children -Wolf & Shore Law Group handles a wide variety of probate matters that deal with family issues. For example, Orders of Temporary Custody and other sensitive issues affecting children, guardianship matters, and grandparents’ rights. If you have a sensitive probate court issue that pertains to family dynamics, make sure your rights are protected, and contact us. All consultations are confidential.

“Wolf & Shore, LLC was professional, [gave me] great advice and made me feel comfortable.” – W.C., West Haven, CT

CT Probate Administration Checklist

Divorce in Connecticut can be a difficult time for all parties involved. It’s critical to go through the necessary steps in order to move forward;

Commonly Asked Questions About Probate Administration & Estate Planning in Connecticut

Yes. We recommend that everyone over the age of 18 draft a Will. Even if you don’t think that you need one, you should take a good look at your assets and truly consider it. Even if all you own is a car, if it’s solely in your name and you do not have a will, it will need to go through probate court. Whether or not you are married, you should specify to whom your assets should be disbursed. Even more importantly, if you have children, or even pets, you should consider who would be their guardian if something were to happen to you and your child’s other co-parent. It is always worth while to discuss your estate planning options to make sure that you, your estate, and your loved ones, are protected.

Yes. You can file for an Order of Temporary Custody through the probate or juvenile courts, depending on the specific situation. You should be able to articulate why your grandchild is not safe and whether she is neglected, uncared for, or simply in a dangerous situation. It is important to file the paperwork correctly and timely and explain the evidence that supports your concerns.

Yes. You can file in probate court to be the guardian of your child’s estate. This is often helpful if there is another parent whom you do not want to access the funds.

Skip to content