Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Child Support in Connecticut

I need Child Support from my Co-Parent. What do I do?

If you don’t have an underlying court order for child support, you can file an action in the family court. There is no need to start a full custody matter if all you want to obtain is an order for support. However, if you or the parent who would be paying child support has any state assistance, you may need to file your matter in Magistrate Court and have Support Enforcement Services involved.

The State of Connecticut has issued Connecticut Child Support Guidelines under the premise that the child(ren) are entitled to child support, not the parent. This is a very important factor as child support is different than alimony. The aforementioned Guidelines above largely dictate child support.

It is important to note that child support can be received a multitude of ways. If one party is simply paying it to the other then it can be via direct deposit, check, electronic transfer, or even services like Venmo, PayPal or Appclose. The child support obligor’s pay can be garnished if necessary. Alternatively, the parties can enter into a voluntary wage withholding. So, that the support payment would go directly to the obligee parent. The support payment would usually go to the parent with primary custody. Therefore, that pay would come directly out of the obligor’s paycheck.

Why Choose Wolf & Shore Law Group to Represent You in Your Child Support Matter?

Looking to make your child support matter easier, not harder? More civilized and less stressful? Choose Wolf & Shore Law Group. Attorneys Kristen Wolf and Shari Shore are both tenacious enough to protect your best interest and compassionate enough to help get you through the stress of a child support matter.

Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Click here or call us at 203.745.3151.

Skip to content