Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

My ex-husband and I are disagreeing about our upcoming holiday schedule. He wants to stick to the way it is in our divorce agreement, but our kids are older now and I think a change would be beneficial. Do I have time to get into court before Thanksgiving?



Holiday Happenings

Dear Holiday,

You probably do not have time to actually have a court date before Thanksgiving at this point, just because of the way the court’s dockets are being scheduled.  However, that does not mean that you don’t have other options. You and your ex-husband can meet with a co-parenting counselor, or co-parenting coordinator and see if he or she can help you reach a resolution if the two of you cannot work it out on your own.  Alternatively, you can seek mediation and an attorney can serve as a neutral third-party to help you work toward an agreeable modification of your underlying agreement. If you do go the mediation route, you can file a formal post-judgment Motion to Modify after you reach an agreement so that the holiday schedule for your parenting plan will be formally changed with the court afterward.

If you have questions about modifying an underlying court agreement, contact Wolf & Shore Law Group. We are here to make your post-judgment matters easier, not harder.  Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content