Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


I just moved out of my house. My children are still with my wife, and I am staying with friends. It’s not really a stable living situation. We already filed for divorce though. Can I see my kids?



Couch Surfer


Dear Couch,


That depends. You can certainly spend some time with your children, but it may just need to be in public places, and you likely won’t be able to have overnight parenting time yet. You should consult with your lawyer and see what your options are. You may also want to work with a relator to find suitable housing sooner rather than later. If you are concerned about finances, you may even want to consider speaking with a divorce coach or financial planner. All of these professionals can work together, with your attorney, to help put you in the best position possible.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder. We handle all forms of dissolution matters and can help you understand the process better, as well as put you in touch with other professionals to assist you. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content