Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

I was offered a better job, however it is in another state and would require me to relocate. I want to move and take my child with me. Am I able to just go? My ex spouse refuses to consent. I am thinking about just doing it anyway.




Dear Relocating,

We would caution you strongly against unilaterally relocating with your child. Your ex spouse could possibly take legal action against you, or report you to the police, depending on if you have a custody agreement in place, and/or what it specifies. Should you wish to relocate, you should go through the appropriate channels and get permission from the court.

If you need help, please feel free to set up a confidential consultation with our office. We can be reached at 203.745.3151 or at

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

Skip to content