Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

My divorce has been pending for about a year. My spouse and I have been sharing custody of the kids, and that was fine for a while. I thought about it, and I don’t want to split the time like this anymore. I want the kids to be with me full time. Will it matter that I’ve had shared custody so far?


Split Time


Dear Split,

Typically, a change in the custody arrangement may require a substantial change in circumstances if you and your spouse do not agree to change it on your own. If something has happened recently that would make adjusting the parenting time appropriate, then you might be able to change the schedule. Having had shared parenting time for the better part of a year could make it harder to modify if your spouse contests this.

There are several factors that could affect your options, and there are several ways you could go about this. Without providing our office all the pertinent case details, it is truly hard to say whether you will easily be able to modify your custody arrangement. We would recommend that you set up a confidential consultation with our office, and then we can take a better look at the situation at hand. We can be reached at 203.745.3151 or

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

Skip to content