Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Manipulative Behaviour

Dear Attorneys,


My wife has been gaslighting me for years. I did not even know that was a term until recently, when I started going to a support group. I want to file for divorce, but she has already started to turn my children against me. What do I do?



Gaslit Gary

Gaslighting: How to Recognize Your Spouse's Manipulative Behavior |  Orlando, FL | McMichen, Cinami & Demps

Dear Gaslit,


I’m sorry to hear that you are going through this. I hope that you have had the opportunity to find a therapist to help you deal with the gaslighting. I’m sure the support group is a great help, as well. You should consult with an attorney, and possibly also a divorce coach, at your earliest convenience. Depending on how much damage your wife has done with your kids, you may also want to consider getting them into therapy. Additionally, you may need to retain a Guardian ad Litem (GAL) during your divorce process so that there is someone to advocate for the children’s best interests.


Once you consult with and retain an attorney, he or she will likely give you a game plan as to how to best address this.  Furthermore, you may want to consider requesting a psychological evaluation of your wife. Again, your attorney can discuss the pros and cons of this with you. We wish you the best of luck!


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and up front with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content