Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Inheritance bigstock

Dear Attorneys,


I want to file for divorce, but I received an inheritance from a family member about a year ago. I put it in a joint account, but I don’t want my wife to get any of it in the divorce. What can I do?



Inheritance Insecurity


Dear Inheritance,


We understand your concern. Since your inheritance was received during your marriage, without a pre-nuptial agreement, it may be considered marital property. You should speak with an attorney at your earliest convenience to see what your options may be.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and up front with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content