Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


My husband and I want to file for divorce together. Can we do that? Can your firm represent both of us




Jumping Jointly


Dear Jumping,


Yes, you and your husband can choose to file a joint petition for dissolution. By doing so, you waive service. Some couples choose to do this if they are on the same page and want a “quickie” divorce and know that it will be amicable. However, no, we cannot represent both of you jointly. That would be a conflict of interest. We would be able to represent one of you, or, act as a neutral third party if you wanted to mediate your divorce.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder. We handle all forms of dissolution matters and can help you understand the process better. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Leave a comment

Skip to content