Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


My ex-wife is incarcerated and she filed a post-judgment motion to modify child support because she obviously can’t pay it. I will agree to that going forward, as I understand that she does not currently have the means, and I am able to support my children. However, our court date keeps getting pushed out and I don’t have a lawyer, so I don’t know who to contact. What do I do?




Ceasing Support


Dear Ceasing,


That’s great that you recognize that you are in a position to provide for your children, and your ex-wife is not. If you do not have a lawyer, and you are confused about court dates, you should contact the Clerk’s Office at the courthouse where your matter is filed. Since your ex-wife is incarcerated, it can make scheduling court dates more difficult. However, if you let the Clerk’s Office know that you have an agreement, they may be able to assist you, and it may make scheduling easier.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder. We handle post-judgment matters and can help you understand the process better. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear

 Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content