Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Marriage Ends

Two people get divorced because they no longer want to be in each other’s lives, but when there are children involved, that’s nearly impossible. Even without children, if the parties shared a house, or need to divide retirement assets, or pay alimony, they remain entwined for at least some time.

Alimony is spousal support that is supposed to help the spouses remain at the same, or similar, level of comfort that they were accustomed to during the marriage. These orders are generally periodic and can depend on many factors related to the marriage.

Child support is based on Guidelines presented by the State of Connecticut to help maintain the well-being of the children from the relationship and are structured based on a variety of factors, including the cost of living, each parents’ income, how many children there are and who carries the health insurance.

So is your divorce over once you sign your final dissolution agreement? Sometimes. But, Orders can be modified, or a party can be found in contempt if they violate an order. That said, it is up to either party to actually file a motion to commence post-judgment proceedings-the Court will not intervene on their own.

It is your right to receive payments owed to you through a Court Order, or if you have had a substantial change in circumstances, to change the amount you must payor get paid.

Here at Wolf and Shore Law Group, we can help with post-dissolution matters such as alimony or child support modifications, or contempt matters. We can help you find the resolution you need.
If you need assistance in your matter, contact us today for a confidential consultation! We can be reached here, at 203.745.3151, or

Skip to content