Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

I know that the State is “opening back up” after the pandemic, but I’m just not ready. However, my ex is, and he wants our kids to “go back to normal.” Can I bring him to court to modify our agreement?


Uncomfortable Situation

Dear Uncomfortable,

It may not be beneficial for you to go back to court for a modification based on this issue. While you can file a post-judgment motion to modify when there is a substantial change in circumstances, it is likely that at this point, since there is a vaccine, Connecticut’s rates have been hovering under or around one percent (1%) and most, if not all, of the state has opened, that the court would actually find that there is not a substantial change in circumstances as compared to when your agreement was entered. Ultimately, even during the height of the pandemic, the Court was hesitant to weigh in on COVID-related matters. In the alternative, you may want to consider co-parenting counseling or a mediator to see if you and your ex can get on the same page.

Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to make your post-judgment matter easier, not harder.  Call us if you have any questions about how to move forward with a post-judgment motion, mediation or if you need assistance finding a co-parenting counselor through out of court advisement.  Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content