Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Child Support

Dear Attorneys,


My son lives at prep school now, but I’m still paying child support. He’s only home in the summer and a couple weeks around Christmas. On top of that, I do have shared physical custody with his mother. Can I stop making child support payments



Paying for Prep


Dear Paying,


While you cannot unilaterally decide to stop paying child support, you may have grounds for a modification

(which could also mean a suspension or termination of the support) since it seems as though there has been a substantial change in circumstances. You should consult with an attorney and explain the current situation, as well as show how your finances, as well as your ex’s finances have changed since the underlying decree was entered. At that point, your attorney can best advise you as to what your options are.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and up front with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content