Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

This is my first Christmas being divorced and I hate that I’m not seeing my kids. My ex-wife has refused to increase our scheduled FaceTime and I won’t get to see them in person until December 26th. What do I do?


Sad Sam

Dear Sam,

We are sorry to hear that you’re going through that. Your first Christmas after being divorced can be hard. It will certainly take some adjusting. In the meantime, try to figure out ways to spend time with family and friends. Treat yourself to an “adults only” holiday party. You may be surprised at how much you enjoy it. Then, when you get to see the kids on December 26th, just focus on them. One of the “silver linings” of a shared parenting plan is that it often affords people the opportunity to simply focus on the kids during their parenting time. When you don’t have the kids, you can wrap gifts, get the house ready, run errands, etc. When you are with them-just enjoy each other!

As far as the Face Time issue, that is also frustrating. Try expressing to your ex-wife that you are not trying to take away from her time with the kids. Rather, you want them to know that you are present during the holiday. If you cannot reach an agreement on how to address this concern going forward, you may want to consider seeing a co-parenting counselor for some assistance.

Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and direct with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content