Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

I have a pending custody matter, and a Guardian ad Litem was appointed for my children. They recently gave their recommendation, and I definitely do not agree. Is there anything I can do?


In Disagreement


Dear Disagreement,

It’s not uncommon for one parent (or both parents) to disagree with the Guardian ad Litem’s recommendation. While we completely understand why you may feel that way, it is imperative to work with the GAL to either further understand that recommendation or attempt to make changes.

The first step is to talk with your attorney, if you have one. Discuss what changes you would like to see, find out if those changes would be feasible, and establish a course of action. Then have your attorney speak with the GAL, maybe even have a group conference. You can find out why the recommendation is the way it is and see if there is room for negotiation and/or compromise.

If you do not have an attorney, or if feel like you need a second opinion? That’s no problem! Wolf & Shore is here to help. With over 22 years of combined experience, Attorneys Kristen Wolf & Shari-Lynn Cuomo Shore are highly skilled in resolving custody matters and creating unique parenting plans when the circumstance necessitate such. Having even served as Guardian at Litems in other matters, our attorneys can offer a fresh outlook on the recommendation and help guide you through the duration of your custody dispute.

Call us today, and let us make your matter easier, not harder. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

Skip to content