Valentine’s Day is almost here, and figuring out what to get for your spouse is not getting an easier. The day after Valentine’s Day is the one day of the year when divorce filings are at their highest. While we make no promises, Wolf & Shore Law Group has created this list of gifts that hopefully won’t get you divorced this year!
- Their favorite candy. Everyone loves a box (or bag) of their favorite sweet treat no matter what day it is.
- A thoughtful card. A note from the heart will bring a smile to anyone’s face. Tell your spouse how much you love them!
- A night out. A great meal and a glass of wine is sure to make this Valentine’s Day one for the books.
- A coupon booklet. Love coupons are the best. A night off from doing dishes? Help folding laundry? It’s really the little things that keep your spouse happy.
- An activity. Find something fun for you and your special someone to do together. A puzzle, a game, a trip to the arcade, or even an escape room, will bring you two closer together and create an awesome Valentine’s Day memory.
- A day of pampering. A gift certificate to the hair salon or spa is always a great go-to gift that will be appreciated!
If you’ve already gotten a gift, let’s hope it’s not one from the following list. If it is, we hope you saved the receipt! Warning: May not end well.
- A gym membership/work out equipment. Any gift that touches on the subject of weight is a bad idea. Don’t do that. Anything but that.
- Clothing. While it may seem like a good idea at the time, if the brand doesn’t fit exactly to size you might have a problem. It’s probably best to avoid the clothing racks this Valentine’s Day.
- Something generic. A small, thoughtful gift is always better than something generic that says “I didn’t know what to get!” This is not the time for a stocking stuffer idea.
Wolf & Shore Law Group wishes everyone a wonderful Valentine’s Day! Hopefully you don’t really need this list, but if you did-we hope it helped!