Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,
I hired my current lawyer because he has a lot of experience-he’s been practicing for almost 30 years. I figured that meant he would know everything. But the longer I work with him, the more I feel like he doesn’t understand certain things. He didn’t know what I meant by digital assets, he was confused when I was talking about social media posting and, most surprisingly, he didn’t know how to address my military pension. What do I do?

Presuming Practice Makes Perfect
Dear Presuming,
While attorneys who have been practicing longer obviously have more experience in general, you need to make sure that they have the right type of experience for your specific matter. For example, if you are currently in the military, or a veteran, you may want an attorney who is accredited with the Veterans Administration, or possibly even someone who served in the military themselves. As far as digital assets and/or social media, those are both newer matters in family law. That does not necessarily mean that only younger attorneys will know how to address those issues, but if those are concerns for you, it is good to ask about their experience with those types of matters during your consultation. More experience does not necessarily mean more knowledgeable, so make sure that you find an attorney who can address the specific issues in your case.
If you are seeking a Veterans Administration accredited attorney, or are looking for counsel experienced with digital assets and/or social media concerns, contact Wolf & Shore Law Group. We are here to make your family law matter easier, not harder. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at

Very Truly Yours,
Wolf & Shore Law Group
*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content