Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


I have a divorce pending and my soon-to-be-ex-wife is just not cooperating. She won’t provide me with any documentation, she won’t file an appearance, but my motion for default was denied. I’m not really sure what to do.




Waiting Willie


Dear Waiting,


If your spouse is not cooperating, you may want to consider filing a motion to compel. A motion to compel, if granted, will force her to comply with whatever the court deems necessary (for example, exchanging financial production or filing an appearance in accordance with the Practice Book). That way, if she is ordered to provide it to you and she does not, you may then have a contempt remedy and can even consider re-filing a motion for default if she is still uncooperative.


If you have additional questions regarding your divorce concerns, contact Wolf & Shore Law Group. We are here to make your divorce matters easier, not harder.  Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content