Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

I was never married to my co-parent, and we are no longer together. I have a pending custody matter and I’d like to know how I go about getting an agreement about the joint personal property I have. We currently share a phone bill, have joint bank accounts, and own a house together. Do I have to file something additional in my custody matter about these items?


Perplexed About Personal Property


Dear Perplexed,

Actually, you aren’t able to negotiate any of those things in your current custody matter. We see this type of issue come up with many of our clients. The custody and visitation application only covers those exact issues: custody and visitation (and other things related to those issues, like child support). Division of your personal property would need to be handled separately if you and your co-parent cannot reach an agreement.

Our office does not handle civil litigation matters, but we can certainly refer you a colleague should the need arise. Please feel free to contact us at 203.745.3151.

Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

Skip to content