Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,
I left my home state of Connecticut a while ago, and now I’ve had a big change with my employment. Am I able to modify my child support payments where I live, even though my order is from Connecticut? I already had it entered here when I first moved, so I figured that would be easiest.
Modified Support


Dear Modified,
The short answer is, yes you can! However, it is very possible that your support payments will be modified in accordance with Connecticut State Guidelines regardless. The order can be changed where you live, but the state granting the original order usually still does the calculation (at least in most circumstances).
This can get a little confusing. You may want to consult with an attorney in both states. It’s very possible that they can correspond with each other and help you achieve the best outcome. If you’d like to consult with our office, we happen to handle these types of issues regularly. We also correspond with other lawyers all over the country about their cases that overlap with Connecticut cases.
With over 22 years of combined experience, Attorneys Kristen Wolf & Shari-Lynn Cuomo Shore are equipped to deal with any modification questions, and are able to easily coordinate with other attorneys to help you win in any state!
Call us today, and let us make your matter easier, not harder. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at
Very Truly Yours,
Wolf & Shore Law Group

Skip to content