Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,

I’m having a lot of difficulty getting my soon-to-be ex-spouse to cooperate with our divorce process. She won’t provide any of her pay stubs and limits my contact with our kids. She has an attorney, but I don’t and it’s hard to communicate with her attorney on my own.  I feel like her attorney sometimes does more harm than good for me. What should I do?


Frustrated and Ready to Be Divorced


Dear Frustrated,

We are so sorry to hear that. That situation can certainly be vexing. There are a few things you can do to help move things along. You can file a motion, which will tell the court what is going on and prompt a court date. When you get to court, you can explain the situation to the judge, who will hopefully enter an order requiring documents to be provided sooner rather than later. You can also consult with Family Relations, who will evaluate your matter and may be able to make a recommendation for a parenting plan. However, this may be easier said than done, and we strongly recommend that you seek counsel. We would be happy to sit down with you for a confidential consultation. You can contact us here, call our Client Intake Specialist at 203.745.3151, or email us at


Wolf & Shore Law Group*



*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content