Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


I have a divorce pending and we have a parenting plan in place. However, my (soon-to-be) ex-husband is still exhibiting the same frustrating and inappropriate behavior that he had while we were together. I don’t think that my kids are safe with him. Do I have to follow the current Court Order?



Safety First Sally

Why are parenting plans so important anyway? - The Pinkerton Law Firm, PLLC

Dear Sally,


That can be a difficult situation. First and foremost, not just as a lawyer, but as a parent, make sure your children are safe.  That said, if you have an attorney, he or she cannot tell you to violate a court order. If you do violate a court order, the opposing party may file a motion for contempt. However, if you believe that the current parenting plan is unsafe, you may want to consider modifying it so that you can both ensure the safety of your children and be compliant with Court Orders. If you have an attorney, you should discuss this option with him or her and if you do not have an attorney, you may want to seek a consultation or speak with Court Services.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and direct with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content