Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


My soon-to-be-ex-husband is not following our current court order. I know it’s just a temporary agreement, but it is so frustrating. He even signed my name on a school permission slip for one of our kids without my knowledge or permission! Can I call the cops when he violates an agreement?




Ready to Call


Dear Ready,


While we see how that could be frustrating, and it is certainly inappropriate for him to forge your signature, we would generally not suggest calling the police.  First of all, it is likely that they cannot do anything in that situation. Second, think about what that shows your children. If you have an attorney, you should consult with him or her and see if you have another remedy, such as filing a motion or advising his attorney. It’s important to think about the ultimate results that you are looking for and not do something drastic just because it seems appealing at the time.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you address your pendente lite dissolution concerns and is here to make your family law matters easier, not harder.  Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content