Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Dear Attorneys,


I was recently served with divorce papers, but I do not see my case on the judicial website. How do I find it?




Googling Gail


Dear Googling,


If your spouse retained an attorney, they will have you served before filing the pleadings. However, self-represented parties will file the pleadings first and then have you served. If your spouse is a self-represented party, you should try searching by the docket number as sometimes the case names are input incorrectly.  However, if your spouse is represented by an attorney, they simply may not have filed the pleadings yet.  If you look at your pleadings, you should see a Return Date. The pleadings just need to be filed with the Return of Service six (6) days prior to the Return Date. Once those pleadings are filed, then you will be able to see it. If the pleadings are not filed on time for any reason, and you see it appear at a later date, you may want to consider filing a Motion to Dismiss for lack of service.


If you have additional questions regarding your divorce-filing concerns, contact Wolf & Shore Law Group. We are here to make your divorce matters easier, not harder.  Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group

*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content