Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer
Child Support

Dear Attorneys,


I pay child support to my ex-wife. I recently got a raise and I know there are different tax rules or implications coming for the 2023 calendar year. How do I know if I am still paying the right amount?



Paying Properly


Dear Paying,

If you have had a raise in your pay, that may be a substantial change in circumstances which may mean that you could potentially need to pay more in child support. However, yes, there are always new tax rules (or laws) implemented and the Connecticut Child Support Guidelines do take that into consideration. You should consult with an attorney and ask them what software they use to run the guidelines.  The Connecticut courts use Family Law Software, so that is what our office uses as well. We did recently receive a notice that we can run Guidelines for 2023 with the new tax implications being implemented, so other offices (and the courts) should be able to do that as well. However, please keep in mind that you may need to pay more than you are currently paying, especially since you did receive a raise.


Wolf & Shore Law Group is here to help you make your family law matters easier, not harder.  We are realistic and up front with our clients. We encourage potential clients to seek out a firm where they will feel comfortable and confident. Ever argue with a woman? Let Wolf & Shore Law Group go to work for you. Call us at 203.745.3151 or email us at


Very Truly Yours,

Wolf & Shore Law Group


*The situations represented in our Dear Attorneys column are entirely fictional and any resemblance to a specific case is unintentional. We cannot, and will not, offer legal advice to anyone who is not a client. However, if you do have questions or concerns, you should contact an attorney at your convenience.

Skip to content